The Modern Honolulu
In today's "always on, always connected" world everything is marketing.
Consumer Experience (CX) plus User Experience (UX) = Brand Experience (BX)
How those elements "come to life" will vary for each hotel and resort based on your experiences and key audiences. The Miles Hospitality team are experts in defining, communicating and evolving a brand. For nearly five years, The Modern Honolulu has trusted the Miles team with their brand story. We don’t just mean their creative look and feel, but every aspect of their brand … from defining their brand experience to the development of their brand message to the implementation and communication of their marketing, the Miles team and The Modern Honolulu have worked together to create an international success on Oahu.
- Redefine the property's brand.
- Create new online marketing efforts, including a responsive design website.
- Introduce a content marketing approach to raise organic visibility.
- Marketing of on property experience and outlets.
- Reposition rates in the marketplace.
- Develop campaigns targeted to key audiences, including high income Millennials, designed to put The Modern Honolulu experience front and center.
- Begin a channel mix shift, via a loyalty program, to increase direct bookings and lessen reliance on lower rated third party partners.
- Implement new conversion optimization efforts, including A/B and multi-variant testing
- Return to Luxury comp set
- Rate positioning driving ADR up 35% between 2012 and 2015.
- HSMAI Golden Adrian
- Increase organic traffic to website, less reliant on paid traffic
- Driving page one search rankings from nearly non-existent to 800 key phrases
- Responsive site delivers consistent brand experience across all devices
- In first 12 months, reduced reliance on OTA 33%, shifting to leisure direct, group and wholesale.
- In 2015, created new guest loyalty program to further drive direct bookings.
- Overall increase in room revenue – 43% increase 2015 vs. 2012
- Overall increase in total revenue, including room and out of room spend – 45% increase in 2015 vs. 2012